The Department of Clinical Haematology and Haemato Oncology of SCCH looks after and treats people with blood related disorders. These include Blood Cancers (Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma), disorders associated with low Hemoglobin (various types of Anemia – including Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Anaemia), disorders of platelets like Thrombocytopenia, bleeding disorders (Haemophilia and others), and other rare diseases. Stem cell transplantation (Bone marrow transplant) for Leukemia, Lymphomas, Myelomas and other disease like Hemoglobinopathies, primary immunodeficiencies etc are done in the department.
The Dept consists of:
- 2 full time super specialist Hematologists
- OPD Services
- In Patient services with Deluxe, Private and Semi Private Rooms, General Ward, Day Care and I.C.U.
- Well trained Paramedical Staffs
- Bio Safety Cabinet for Chemo drug mixing
- Blood bank with all components
- Bone marrow transplant unit