Consultants at The Out Patient Department (OPD) may decide to admit a patient according to their medical condition. The consultant admitting you will explain to you the nature of your disease and the treatment planned.
- If you are a new patient in S.C.C.H. either as an inpatient or as an outpatient we register every patient with a unique identification number (Registration Number) to document their entire journey in the hospital.
- Patients are requested to bring along their identity proof & one photocopy of the same while visiting the hospital. We accept Aadhaar card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter Card as identity proof.
- While registering as a patient in S.C.C.H. please provide your complete and accurate details like name, address etc.
- It is advisable to book the bed or Operation Theatre (if required) in advance.
- Bookings are done at the 'Admission Desk' at the reception counter in the hospital lobby.
- The Registration counter has a List of charges for different types of rooms are in the hospital. The charges vary depending upon the kind of room you select. Should you require an estimate of costs for your hospitalization, kindly consult your doctor.
- We request you to read carefully and sign consent forms given to you before your admission to ensure that you have been properly informed.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions if you find the information inadequate or vague.
Some emergencies come through the Accident & Emergency Department is open all 24 hours, every day of the week for emergencies. Our admission procedure is very simple. You have to register the details of your case and pay a deposit. Please request for a handout on important information regarding Admission, Billing, Discharge & Refund.
We create your medical record with this identification number, update and preserve it with utmost care and confidentiality. This number and card enable speedy retrieval of your medical records each time you need to see a doctor.
This will empower you and your doctor to follow-up your treatment at home.
* Please contact the Billing Department for any help you require in this regard. Your admission/security deposit will be adjusted only against your final bill at the time of discharge. The Hospital undertakes arrangements with reputed companies for credit.
- Investigations Reports will be given to you at the time of discharge. If some investigation reports are missing, the same may kindly be collected between 10.00 AM to 05.00 PM on weekdays from our in-house laboratory.
- It is essential that you arrange to leave by the discharge time so that we can prepare the bed and the room for new patients. If you are unable to leave by the morning discharge time, bed charges for the day will be added to your bill. We request you to follow a few procedures when you check out of the Hospital.
- Your bill will be a comprehensive one, with all charges included, and no payments should be made outside of what is specified in your bill.
- All details of bed charges, investigations, doctor's visit fees, and surgeon's fees will be presented on your bill.
- You are requested to clear all outstanding bills as soon as possible. Every day, you will receive a statement of charges accrued to your account. You, or your attendant, should examine these bills so that you can make the payment on time. Prompt clearance of your bills will help facilitate your discharge.